As the last few days of the year are upon us, we took some time to reflect on some of the bright spots of 2016 before officially saying “good bye.” We are sharing with you this list of the 7 greatest achievements of the year that we are celebrating now and we look forward to building upon in 2017.
Over the last 12 months, we have been striving to refine our “+7 model” which directly integrates life skills and value-based learning into the soccer game. It’s catching on in Cameroon, and we believe it will be the foundation for significant growth and impact in the future.
In honor of our +7 values (listed below), here is our top 7 in 2016:
1. Engaged 500+ youth in Kumba and Mamfe our +7 Model that promotes teamwork, personal growth, and community development on and off the soccer field
2. Hosted the first-ever Super Cup to Empower Girls in Kumba, involving 8 teams in 2 communities
3. Sponsored a delegation of nearly 100 participants to watch Nigeria vs. Kenya in the brand-new Limbe Omnisport Complex at the 2016 Africa Women Cup of Nations
4. Visited Mathare Youth Sports Association (MYSA) in Kenya to learn about their unique model that has 26,000 youth playing soccer year-round in one of the largest slums in Nairobi
5. Participated in General Assembly meeting of streetfootballworld, the global network of ‘football-for-good’ organizations, in Lyon, France in July 2016
6. Accepted to and completed Pittsburgh Social Venture Partners’ first cohort of Full Circle, a 6-month accelerator program to increase capacity in local nonprofits
7. Hosted first Supporters Trip to Cameroon with 4 visitors traveling from Pittsburgh and Philadelphia to Kumba in July 2016
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to support our work in 2017!!
Top 7 in 2016